dancing horses

dancing horses

Friday, September 20, 2013

Broadleaf Part 3

This is the last installment on the Broadleaf weekend. So if I've bored you to tears you'll be relieved.
That night after a lovely dinner we headed back up to the Chalet. All of us were tired- but a happy kind of tired- the kinds that comes from a day of fun. As adults we don't have as many of those as we did as kids.

We had a lovely evening of conversation, wine and laughter. Barb did people's fortunes. According to my reading I'm going to have some trials but if I stay firm there will be a positive outcome- mostly likely involving money. When I got home I had an e-mail from the attorney of long lost uncle in Nigeria. Turns out my beloved uncle has left me a small fortune. I sure hope that wasn't it because I deleted the e-mail. However, I might buy a lotto ticket just to cover my bases.

After a lovely night's sleep we arose to a beautiful sunny day. After a muffin and a cup of coffee we headed to the stable. This time I had 'Ginger'. A cute little chestnut who was keen to go.
I wish I could describe how beautiful the dikes were. But I can't. I took a few photos with my iphone. The great thing about this ride is that there was a lot of cantering. It was fabulous. I was laughing as we galloped along and I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one. Here are some photos to give you an idea:







If I lived there I would be riding every day on the dikes. After a 3 hour ride we headed back to a huge brunch. It had everything- eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, fruit, fiddleheads, potato salad, green salad, roast beef, potatoes, gravy and pie.
 

After that it was time for hugs and to get back to reality. It was just what the doctored ordered. I came home relaxed and happy.

I am looking forward to next year.

2 comments:

  1. Hey - Broadleaf is near my part of the world.
    It is a beautiful part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't bore me to tears. I enjoyed reading about your weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love the feedback.