dancing horses

dancing horses

Friday, July 24, 2015

Horse Time

Is there anything more fun than spending time with other people who love horses? You can share stories, discuss the best tack deals and talk about horses in as much detail as you like without looking for that tell-tale glaze your friends get as they try to look interested in your talk about the perfect transition.

That's why it was fun having my niece here this week. She has the horse bug (sorry sis) and we had a grand time together. Not only did she ride but she helped in the barn without being asked. She's headed back home and the barn is a bit emptier. Irish quite enjoyed her as well. I also gave pony rides to the two younger children. They are now wanting lessons when they return home and want to buy a farm.  I'm not sure the my brother in law is speaking to me now.


Now for my big news: Carmen, Irish, Cynthia and I are hitting the road this weekend. I'm heading to my friend Karen's place for the weekend. I thought that it would be a good way to see how Carmen travels without the pressures of a show or a clinic. The goal is for Carmen and I to have a positive experience working in a new environment (translation: not die). As I'm likely going to have to travel for lessons I want to see if it will be 'worth it'. While spending money to teach a horse to settle is not a bad goal I would like to be able to get a little more out of it.

There are going to be other horse friends around as well. It seems a good way to start my vacation. Plus I've made muffins. I will try to post updates but don't worry if I'm quiet.

And for while I'm away here's a video of Caelen and Irish:


2 comments:

  1. How exciting! I hope your trip offsite is positive and enjoyable. I look forward to the re-cap :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time and great way to get some low-key exposure for Carmen. Have a fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love the feedback.