dancing horses

dancing horses

Friday, May 6, 2016

No Turning Back

Yesterday I had a 'what have I done?' moment.

You see I'm leaving in about an hour for a 3 day clinic. I'm taking Carmen in our new trailer and we'll be having lessons from Johanna Beattie Batista (Johanna's FB page). She helped us last year but she did it here.

I am not sure while I'm freaking out about this- in the past I would be excited but I'm feeling nervous and I'm not sure why. I just find that I have been far more anxious about the horses since I lost Steele.

But I refuse to let that stop me. I will battle through the anxiety and replace it with positive experiences. I also may vomit.

So my goals for this clinic are:

  • be absolutely brilliant ride without tension and stay focussed on supporting Carmen (also not ride like a hunchback monkey)
  • introduce Carmen to the idea that we go away without Irish and do stuff and it's all okay
  • Learn some new exercises and approaches to our training- especially what to do when she's melting down. 
  • have fun with like minded horse people

I will try to write up what I learned at the clinic so that I can refer back to it. 

I also sent in the forms for our first show in June. EEP. 

Is it okay to drink wine before I ride? Even if it's in the morning? 




11 comments:

  1. Where will you be showing in June? I'm excited to try and catch a chance of seeing you guys in the ring! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the RIDERS dressage in Windsor in June.

      Delete
    2. REALLY?! Well, as Windsor is essentially 'home base' for me... I am going to watching for sure! I'm looking forward to seeing your gorgeous Carmen in the ring, glad you have decided to stick with the intentions of going!!!!

      Delete
  2. Wine is an appropriate choice any time of the day when there are horses involved :)
    Enjoy your clinic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your lesson! I used to get nervous before lessons (haven't taken one in months), but I was always glad I took them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make it a mimosa and you're good. Have fun at the clinic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you both have a wonderful experience! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have so much fun! I always get a little nervous beforehand but as soon as I'm mounted up and ready to ride that goes away. I'm sure you'll have an amazing time and learn so much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pre-ride liquid courage is definitely appropriate ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in agreement a drink is certainly acceptable at all times of the day ;)
    Enjoy the clinic and cant wait to hear all about it

    ReplyDelete
  9. 😂 I have a clinic in a few days and feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love the feedback.